Our latest consignment from Africa to UK consisted of 289 fragile works of art weighing over 680kgs in nineteen large boxes – and there was not a single item broken. What a fantastic result. Everyone involved takes such care and it is worth spelling out the invaluable assistance we receive from Johannesburg.
- They use the amazing Rebul boxes, designed in SA, which are strong, light and recyclable, and clearly mark our full contact details on the outside.
- They double box, so inside every large box are two or three smaller boxes around which they wind bubblewrap straps to enable one to pull out the boxes easily, sealed with sticky brown tape which they turn over at the ends to leave a non-sticky strip to pull upon.
- Each inner box is fully labelled and issued with a number which corresponds with the paperwork emailed to us in advance.
- Any additional notes are written in large black letters under the first layer of packaging.
- Art magazines we have requested are taped in clear plastic sleeves to the inside lid, and sent as a gift.
- Once completely open each box has a list taped to the inner lid detailing the total number of contents in that box, plus whose work it is and how many of the total pieces that box contains of that artist. First class service for first class work. THANK YOU! All this work will be on display on our forthcoming exhibition “Silver Summer” from 2nd – 16th July 2016.